"Kamen brjag (Rocky beach)" Kamen Bryag by Astralka

Kamen Bryag Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 48 photos

located in the region of Kavarna, Bulgaria

I know when looking at the photos you can smile when I say that this was the most spiritual place that I have visited. Nevertheless I feel it as a real urgency that I have to come back, before it becomes touristy

These strange burrows used to be occupied by monks called grobnici in the past. They were meditating inside and people would bring them food so that they did not have to interrupt the prayers. I dont quite understand how they solved the output, but I did not ask our Bulgarian friends, not to disturb the spirituality ;)

In fact I spent one night with spiders in a hole like this. It was not really comfortable, I could just strech my sleeping bag, but when I wanted to stand up, I bumped my head.
I explained why I chose this nonsense meditation. Not only that I wanted to feel sorry for the grobnici, but also I was temporarily angry with my friends. They all went to the local pub, the centre of life in else dead village, and my sad role was to watch the tents and protect them against ghosts. My friends promised me to come back before dark, or somebody will come to relieve me. You know, when it becomes dark in an unknown open place, it might be scary, and specially on that place where there were crosses of dead people, who jumped down the cliffes, and where a small fire was comming out of the ground on one place (good for warming up the soup on it ;)

And I really started to have freezing on my back whenever I heard some noise. And my drunken friends were nowhere.. I was more scared to go all the way to the pub than to hide myself in one of those holes for monks. Ouch, my head, but at least I thought nobody will come to murder me ;)
Those holes were facing the sea, and there was just the full moon ! At midnight the moon's corpus was exactly in the middle of the opening ! It looked realy peculiar the round moon filling the opening when I was lying down in my sleeping bag and starring at the wonder. I was so surprised that I forgot to be scared. I went out of the hole and found another hole several metres further. And again, the moon was just in the middle of the opening when I lied down. It might have been a coincidece, which probably was, but I was stunned. The next morning (I slept almost untill lunchtime) I came out, the sun was high and while watching the sea a friend found me. She apologized for their Alzheimer, but in vain as my anger was extinguished during the night. We were swimming naked in the sea (nobody was around).

On the last day of our stay there were three dead bodies found under the cliffs. We did not learn whether they commited suicide or what. This place was very strange, no wonder that it attracts strange people

• Intro Updated Jun 20, 2003

Astralka

“Don't put your pc in the backpack ;o)”

Badges & Stats in Kamen Bryag

Have you been to Kamen Bryag?

Latest Activity in Kamen Bryag