"Cherokee North Carolina" Cherokee by lecrow
Cherokee Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 89 photos
We go to this area frequently, as we are only one and a half hours away. This is a beautiful area, with the Smoky Mountains. In Cherokee it's self, there are some interesting things to see. The Museum of The Cherokee and the Indian village are a must see. In season, go to the Trail of Tears drama. As far as the shops are concerned, most are not selling Cherokee made crafts. If you want this, go to the Qualla store across the street from the museum, or ask for directions to Bear Meat's Store...it is a little out of the way but worth it.
- Pros:Historical, beautiful area
- Cons:Watch out for the tourist traps!
- In a nutshell:The place to go to learn about the Cherokee!
Talk with the Native Indian people. They are very friendly for the most part. You can learn some very interesting facts... more travel advice
Cherokee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From ancient times to new commercialism"
- "Welcome to my very small Cherokee page"
- "Cherokee Nation- NC"
- "Fun Camping in Cherokee"
- "Cherokee North Carolina"
- "Indian Town entrance to Great Smoky Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cherokee
- Hotels in Cherokee
- Restaurants in Cherokee
- Shopping in Cherokee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cherokee
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Cherokee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cherokee
No friends yet.