"Mt Ruapehu from another angle)" New Zealand by scrooge1947
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,556 reviews and 36,947 photos
Mt. Ruapehu is located in the central North Island, it is one of three active volcanoes , Ruapehu, Tongariro and Ngauruhoe.
Ruapehu has been an active volcanoe recently with a spectacular steam driven eruptions in 1997, unfotunatley this put a lot of preasure on the ski fields and indeed all those that rely on tourism, with the mountain being closed.
The last couple of seasons have been good with record snow levels.
In the summer there are lots of hiking and rock climbing and in winter Ruapehu has two ski and board areas.
On a good day the mountains make an excellent site from the road and can be usually seen on a clear day when flying across the island.
Ngauruhoe, On my many travels through the North Island it is not often"Ngauruhoe" is seen so clear, usually covered in mist/ cloud.
Kapiti Island is located out from Paraumumu Beach which is North of Wellinton. It is a protected Island and can only be... more travel advice
Kaka, they are close relatives of the South Island parrot , the Kea . In flight it has a striking red underwing. more travel advice
scrooge1947's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 39 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
Photos in New ZealandSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalgoorlie Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Western Australia Intro, 44 reviews, 47 photos
- Venice Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Fiji Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongariro National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Ballarat Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Albany Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos