"Albany" Albany by scrooge1947
Albany Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 521 photos
We arrived in Albany on day 4 of our Western Australian trip, we had driven from Pemberton and with some side trips travelled 274k.
The first thing we saw was a wide main street with a view of the sea, a very pretty town
Albany is a port on Princess Royal Harbour of King George Sound.
It was founded in 1826 as a penal colony and is the oldest settlement in the State of Western Australia.
This shot was taken on the Albany-Esperance Highway, I'm no flower expert, I thought they were wild flowers, could be a... more travel advice
The Gap is another rock formation with a 24m drop to the sea, when a heavy swell is running the sound like thunder and... more travel advice
scrooge1947's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albany - The Rainbow Coast"
- "A L B A N Y"
- "Albany and a Wild Aussirose Story"
- "Albany, an adventure waiting to happen."
- "Albany - a city on the southern coast of WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Kalgoorlie Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Western Australia Intro, 44 reviews, 47 photos
- Venice Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Fiji Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongariro National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Ballarat Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Albany Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos