"Coolgardie" Coolgardie by scrooge1947
Coolgardie Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 106 photos
This was day 9 of our holiday going from Kalgoorlie to Hyden.
Coolgardie is a small town you pass through on the way.
Like Kalgoorlie it was a gold town but the town went into decline from WW1 as there was more gold in Kalgoorlie and by 1920 it was no longer a municipality.
It is situated aprox 550 k nth east of Perth, aprox 7 hr drive along the Great Eastern Highway (route 94)
Last info I had there was a population of 500.
This was outside Ben Priors Open air museum, Coolgardie, Ned Kelly was a outlaw who has become part of Australian folk... more travel advice
scrooge1947's Related Pages
Coolgardie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MOTHER OF THE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN GOLDFIELDS"
- "Keeweechic's Coolgardie"
- "COOLGARDIE WESTERN AUSTRALIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coolgardie
- Transportation in Coolgardie
- Warnings and Dangers in Coolgardie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coolgardie
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Coolgardie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coolgardie
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 52 reviews, 53 photos
- Kalgoorlie Intro, 45 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Western Australia Intro, 44 reviews, 47 photos
- Venice Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Fiji Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongariro National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Ballarat Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Albany Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos