"Ipswich - County Town of Suffolk" Top 5 Page for this destination Ipswich by ratherton
Ipswich Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 151 photos
On my return from working abroad for five years, I moved to a new house about 2km from the centre of Ipswich.
The Orwell Bridge is the part of the A14 which cross the River Orwell to the south of the town.
The structure is instantly recognisable to people from the area and it is easily identified from the air when flying into or out of London Stansted airport.
It was built between 1979 and 1982 at a cost of 24 million (pounds sterling). It is almost 1 mile long and at it's peak, is 146 feet about the river. At the time of construction, it was the longest concrete span bridge in the world.
Like many towns in England, there are many old buildings in the town. This wonderful black and white timber building is near the town centre and is in fact the base of the solicitors.
The 2 policemen walking past don't normally wear flourescent jackets, there was probably a football match being played the day this photo was taken.
- In a nutshell:My home
In May 2007, Holiday Inn took over from the Courtyard by Marriot. Although the exterior doesn't look that attractive,... more travel advice
This is a great Chinese restaurant not far from the centre of Ipswich. I've been here a couple of times, most recently... more travel advice
ratherton's Related Pages
Ipswich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ipswich - County Town of Suffolk"
- "Ipswich- between ugly duckling and medieval beauty"
- "Ipswich: Not to be overlooked"
- "A DAY IN IPSWICH"
- "Ipswich Best Avoided"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ipswich
- Hotels in Ipswich
- Transportation in Ipswich
- Nightlife in Ipswich
- Restaurants in Ipswich
- Shopping in Ipswich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipswich
- 16 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ipswich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipswich
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlskrona Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipswich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayia Napa Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue