"Picturesque English Village" Lavenham by ratherton
Lavenham Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 64 photos
Lavenham in Suffolk is the classic example of an English village. It is full of classic timber houses and antique shops dating back to medieval and Tudor times. The population is less than 2,000 so it's quite a small place but in the summer, it's busy with tourists.
It's location in rural Suffolk means it's only really accessable by car but once there it's a beautiful place to walk around for a few hours. The best thing to do is stop here as part of a day of travelling around rural Suffolk.
- Pros:One of the best examples of a typical English village
- Cons:Difficult to get to unless you have a car
One of the main buildings in Lavenham is the Church of St Peter and St Paul. It is covered with magnificent carvings... more travel advice
ratherton's Related Pages
Lavenham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MEDIEVAL WOOL TOWN OF LAVENHAM"
- "Picturesque English Village"
- "Lavenham - Suffolk"
- "No, You're Not Imagining Things..."
- ""Crazy mirror" houses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lavenham
- Hotels in Lavenham
- Restaurants in Lavenham
- Shopping in Lavenham
- Warnings and Dangers in Lavenham
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lavenham
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lavenham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lavenham
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlskrona Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipswich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayia Napa Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue