"La Baie - Survivors of the 1996 flood" La Baie by L-A
La Baie Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
La Baie is an industrial town on the Baie des HaHa part of the Saguenay fjord. Alcan is a major industry here. In 1996, this region had a serious flood - many homes were lost, farms, banks, etc.
A local artist connected with Alcan and made a pyramid to commemorate the people of this area
This is accessible off of Route 170. You can't miss it.
- Pros:friendly people
- Cons:industrial, need I say more?
L-A's Related Pages
La Baie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ville de La Baie"
- "La Baie - Survivors of the 1996 flood"
- "Voted best port of calls"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Baie
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to La Baie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Baie
Top 10 Pages
- Picton Intro, 8 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Placid Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsabit National Reserve Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clarkdale Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- L'Anse-Saint-Jean Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Migori Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bracebridge Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues