"Beautiful Quebec village on fjord" L'Anse-Saint-Jean by L-A
L'Anse-Saint-Jean Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 34 photos
The Quebecers are friendly, warm and very creative. Roofs that are different, winding staircases from first to second floor (outside the home) are common, as are minatures of their houses!
Our favourite bistro has a minature of its own
L'Anse Saint-Jean (or St John's Handle) is part of the 'most beautiful villages of Quebec' association. This pic doesn't do it justice. The village runs along the river up the Saguenay fjord bay. There's even a covered bridge (shown in a travelogue)
- Pros:French Canadian culture, pretty, charming
- Cons:Know your French and rains a lot
- In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful villages in Quebec
Sometimes you have to tell the driver to stop. I did, since I want to paint this scene. This was between Petit Saguenay... more travel advice
See Nativity scene travelogue - you can see the outdoor ones for free anytime of year. The other ones are inside the... more travel advice
L-A's Related Pages
L'Anse-Saint-Jean Travel Guide
- Things to Do in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- Hotels in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- Nightlife in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- Warnings and Dangers in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- See All...
Badges & Stats in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to L'Anse-Saint-Jean?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- updated a L'Anse-Saint-Jean Travel Page "Beautiful Quebec village on fjord"
- Posted in Travel Wales Forum "Re: Driving from Manchester..."
- Wrote a Review look outside to certain farms in Charlevoix view! in L'Anse-Saint-Jean Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "look outside to certain farms in Charlevoix view!"
Top 10 Pages
- Picton Intro, 8 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Placid Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsabit National Reserve Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clarkdale Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- L'Anse-Saint-Jean Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Migori Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bracebridge Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues