"Port Aransas, or "Port A"" Port Aransas by L-A
Port Aransas Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 55 photos
In order to get to the good beach (grey water though), you need to take 361 from Aransas Pass. The car ferry surprised my hostess, who was used to Corpus Christi or South Padre beaches - no ferry there. We took the ferry as pedestrians, then took a taxi to and from the beach. Not cheap - the taxi was $8 each way, although parking where we were in the 'centre of things' was only for those with special passes.
Despite that, I enjoyed our three hours on the beach.
- Pros:Good beach, friendly locals
- Cons:car ferry, expensive parking (on beach)
- In a nutshell:Gulf coast Texas beach town
L-A's Related Pages
Port Aransas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places"
- "Port A ...Nice eh!"
- "Unexpected Weekend"
- "Mustang Island Beach Club (MIBC)"
- "Camping on the Beach!"
- "Come sail away with me"
- "Port A - Your Escape from Worry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Aransas
- Hotels in Port Aransas
- Transportation in Port Aransas
- Nightlife in Port Aransas
- Restaurants in Port Aransas
- Shopping in Port Aransas
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Aransas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Aransas
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Port Aransas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Aransas
Top 10 Pages
- Picton Intro, 8 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Placid Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsabit National Reserve Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clarkdale Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- L'Anse-Saint-Jean Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Migori Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bracebridge Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues