"Kerrville - Kerrville Folk festival (Big Folk)" Kerrville by L-A
Kerrville Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 25 photos
Sidney Baker St (Hwy 16 south of I10) was under construction, but that sure didn't stop all the people driving south to Quiet Valley Ranch on Hwy 16 south of town. Kerrville is surrounded by pretty hills, is intersected by the Guadalupe River, and has friendly locals. It doesn't have all its buildings covered in limestone facing like in Fredericksburg, although Sporty's, where I ate an excellent gourmet burger, did. Unfortunately a new Home Depot blocks a lovely view around the corner from Sporty's. I didn't take a pic, since it was heartbreaking to see. Instead, you can see pics from the drive to the festival. (And my festival pics are in movie format, so its the wrong format for VT).
Once you go into the entrance, they say "Welcome Home". Speed limit in the grounds is 5 mph. The festival goes from the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend for 18 days. I was there on day 2. That's called Big Folk. Little Folk is 4 days in September for the Kerrville Wine and Music Festival.
- Pros:Friendly people, gorgeous hills
- Cons:Not as pretty as Fredericksburg (more of a working town)
- In a nutshell:Friendly folk
L-A's Related Pages
Kerrville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kerrville, Texas"
- "Kerrville - Kerrville Folk festival (Big Folk)"
- "JohnFegan's new Kerrville Page"
- "Texas wildflowers"
- "Basaic Kerrville Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kerrville
- Hotels in Kerrville
- Transportation in Kerrville
- Restaurants in Kerrville
- Shopping in Kerrville
- Warnings and Dangers in Kerrville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kerrville
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Kerrville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerrville
Top 10 Pages
- Picton Intro, 8 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Placid Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsabit National Reserve Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clarkdale Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- L'Anse-Saint-Jean Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Migori Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bracebridge Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues