"Western-German town with limestone and wildflowers" Fredericksburg by L-A
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 660 photos
Main street has all these limestone edifaced shops, on Hwy 290 between Hwy 87 and Hwy 16. Along the way are cafes and lots of wildflowers. Fredericksburg is also known for its peaches, German food and great baked goods that include raspberry-white chocolate scones.
Other than the flowers, which you look up at, there are cobblestone sidewalks. A word of warning about the cobblestones - watch your step. I took a NASTY fall on some uneven cobblestones and 2 weeks later my knee is still tender. Be careful especially if you are wearing sandals
This house was off the main road and I was fascinated by seeing yet another windmill (many of them in Hill Country) but this one was in a private residence yard.
Also, take a look at a few pics on the travelogue - some cacti by a Western wear shoppe.
- Pros:Culture, quaint, friendly, good shopping
- Cons:Can be crowded with tourists
- In a nutshell:A great afternoon in the Hill Country
Air Conditioned, clean, good lighting, friendly service. Good food - including red potato salad. Bratwurst sandwich.... more travel advice
L-A's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town"
- "Beautiful Hill Country"
- "A visit to Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS"
- "Welcome to China Bayles territory"
- "Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "Welcome to the Capital of the Hill Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
Top 10 Pages
- Picton Intro, 8 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Placid Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsabit National Reserve Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clarkdale Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- L'Anse-Saint-Jean Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Migori Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bracebridge Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues