"Marsabit Town and reserve" Marsabit National Reserve by L-A

Marsabit National Reserve Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 45 photos

aeral view of Marsabit town

Absolutely gorgeous. The people are poor but friendly... and they didn't have any rain for four plus years between 1997 - 2001... They since have had rain, so when we returned in July 2003, we were allowed to flush the toilets (to our relief).

L-A and African 'mother'

This dear lady was like a local mother... she gave us lots of love although she didn't speak a word of English. I found out two years later that her name is Ruth. She asked me for money for her son's school fees. I could only give a bit...

L-A in local garb

This lady begged to have her picture taken with me at the local ACK (Anglican) church

• Pros:Beautiful
  • Cons:People very poor, don't expect luxury
  • In a nutshell:a garden in the middle of a North Kenyan desert
  • Last visit to Marsabit National Reserve: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Wonderful page with some beautiful photos. Lots of useful information. Happy birthday from Finland!

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 9:37 AM

What a destination, I envy you:)

• Jul 16, 2003 at 8:22 PM

Many many happy returns of the day..Wishing you a happy birthday..Your phtographs and pages are excellant....

• Apr 30, 2003 at 2:10 PM

I bet you're excited that you're going back!

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2003 at 7:52 AM

Wonderful page with very wonderful. Your visit there must have been a happy event for all the people (-:
    Regards, Paul

• Dec 22, 2002 at 7:22 PM

Thank you. This page is helping me prepare to go to Marsabit in the summer (God willing)

• Dec 11, 2002 at 1:48 PM

Thanks for the warning about modesty. That's important for any volunteer workers or NGOs who want to make friends with the locals

• Dec 11, 2002 at 11:26 AM

Your tips are incredibly helpful. I almost feel as if I've been there... enough to help when I go

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2002 at 7:53 PM

Looks like you had a good time.

• Nov 27, 2002 at 12:35 PM

Sounds like a helpful packing list... what about bringing your own toilet paper?

L-A

“I come alive when I'm overseas”

Badges & Stats in Marsabit National Reserve

Have you been to Marsabit National Reserve?

Latest Activity in Marsabit National Reserve