"Abisko - One my favourite places on Earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Abisko Nationalpark by dave_21
Abisko Nationalpark Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 139 photos
The Abisko National Park has an abundance of plant species, a number of them quite rare. Abisko is the national park that receives most visitors in the province. Undoubtedly the deep canyon in Abisko is the biggest attraction.
Pictures of Abisko Canyon is in "Must see atcivities"
Norrbotten's mountain region offers a spectacular natural environment. The area is sometimes called "the last wilderness area of Europe", but in reality the Norrbotten mountain area is a cultural landscape, inhabited by indigenous people for thousands of years. There are seven national parks in this area and fifteen mountain Sámi villages have their reindeer grazing lands here as well. The mountains of Norrbotten are also an important recreational area for people from around the world. On this site you will find information about the mountain region of Norrbotten, as well as about the natural environment and the culture of the area. Practical information will be included as well, things you should know if you are going to visit the mountains.
NATIONAL PARKS IN THE MOUNTAINS OF NORRBOTTEN
The oldest and largest national parks in Sweden are to be found in Norrbotten. Eight of Sweden's twenty-six national parks are located here. With the exception of Muddus and the Haparanda archipelago, the national parks in the province are in the mountain region. Together they cover over 6000 km², which means that the national parks in Norrbotten count for 95 % of the area dedicated to national parks in Sweden. The parks in the mountain region comprise 5500 km². Swedish laws protect their natural environment.
Abisko Right Now!!
- Pros:A great area to explore!
- Cons:There are no exept bad weather....
If you start walking from the Abisko Staion you can walk beside it over 10 KM! I loved the canyon, and to see and feel... more travel advice
I'm crazy when it comes to fishing! That's why I had to catch us some for dinner! It wasn't hard, the fishes were... more travel advice
dave_21's Related Pages
Abisko Nationalpark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Abisko National Park"
- "A natural wonder"
- "North to Abisko"
- "Abisko National Park"
- "Abisko - One my favourite places on Earth"
- "Storyin Abisko"
- "Think twice before you follow a scooter track ;)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abisko Nationalpark
- Hotels in Abisko Nationalpark
- Transportation in Abisko Nationalpark
- Nightlife in Abisko Nationalpark
- Restaurants in Abisko Nationalpark
- Shopping in Abisko Nationalpark
- Warnings and Dangers in Abisko Nationalpark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abisko Nationalpark
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Abisko Nationalpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abisko Nationalpark
Photos in Abisko NationalparkSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Skene Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tärnaby Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varberg Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Tärnasjön Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abisko Nationalpark Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Tarfala Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue