"My hometown!!" Skene by dave_21
Skene Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 39 photos
Well after some great months here on VT I decided to make something about my "home area". I will add photos and tips as much as I can.
The town of Skene isn't large, we have two petrol stations, two stores, one small square and some newsstands! It's located 50km south east from Gothenburg, in the province of Västra Götaland, SouthWest Sweden. The summers can by very rainy but sometimes it's doesn't rain at all! Temps 20-25C daytime in the summers and -5 to -10C in the winters. Sometimes down to -25C Lots of snow because of the close location to the sea.
Lots of tourists do come by here, the area is filled with lakes and woods, this is the area in Sweden who has one of the largest density of lakes. AND ELKS!! The tourists don't come here often in winters, mostly in the spring and summer. Most of the Tourists is from Germany and France.
What lots of the tourists don't know is that this area is great for hiking! Lots of virginforests with beutiful pines and spruces, and Trolls!! :-)
No not trolls but the forests sometimes give you that impression! Moss and large Stones in the middle of the woods!
LOL I think this is the area where we have put up most Red Cabins and Red houses! Everyone has one!!
- Pros:Great for hiking,fishing,canoeing,biking and relaxing enviroment. Only 4000 inhabitants.
- Cons:The weather, sometimes very rainy summers, sometimes no rain in the summers....!
- In a nutshell:Different area in Sweden with lots of different sights!
Hunderds of different lakes, perfect for Canoeing, Boat trips, Fishing trips or just watching them in the morning. My... more travel advice
It's also a rich flora in the area. Oak dominates in the area but there are also segments of huge Pines, Alder and Elm... more travel advice
dave_21's Related Pages
Skene Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Skene
- Transportation in Skene
- Restaurants in Skene
- Shopping in Skene
- Warnings and Dangers in Skene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skene
- 30 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Skene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skene
Photos in SkeneSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Skene Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tärnaby Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varberg Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Tärnasjön Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abisko Nationalpark Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Tarfala Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue