"Sundsvall" Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall by dave_21
Sundsvall Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 134 photos
* 93 200 inhabitans
* 46 800 womans and
* 46 400 men
The first devastating fire took place In 1681, 40 years later Russian troups burned it down, and in 1803 the fire strikes again.
When a new firestorm came in june 1888 the town was destroyed to the ground.
The whole town was made of wood and nothing was left.
They begun to re-build the town almost immediately, but this time with stone. the proposal to re-bulid it with stone attracted a lot of attention and lots of volunteers joined in.the result kept on improving and our king "Oscar II" said that the new town had one of the worlds finest architecture.
Today many people travel here to see the astonishing architecture.
Sundsvall is pretty unique because there are few places in Sweden that lookes like Sundsvall. Maybe we can compare it to "Old City" in stockholm.
dave_21's Related Pages
Sundsvall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..."
- "Sundsvall, Sweden"
- "Welcome to SUNDSVALL"
- "Erika_M's new Sundsvall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sundsvall
- Hotels in Sundsvall
- Transportation in Sundsvall
- Nightlife in Sundsvall
- Restaurants in Sundsvall
- Shopping in Sundsvall
- Warnings and Dangers in Sundsvall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sundsvall
- 23 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sundsvall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sundsvall
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Skene Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tärnaby Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varberg Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Tärnasjön Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abisko Nationalpark Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Tarfala Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue