"Kebnekaise - The highest mountain in Sweden" Tarfala by dave_21
Tarfala Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos
Kebnekaise is located in the most northen part of Sweden. To get there you must go to Kiruna and take the road to Nikkaloukta (60 km)
When you come to Nikkaloukta you must first go to the Kebnekaise Station (21 km) and after that it's about 10 km to the top and it's very steep.
My trip begun with a chafed foot (well done..) but luckely there are Compeed.
We started at 04:00 in the morning and we reached the top at 23:00
It took us 25 hours of walking from start - top - start. (60 km) and I have never been so tired in my whole life... My legs was like spagetti and my feets hurted so much that I couldn't hardly walk at all..
But it was all worth it! It was a fantastic trip and beautiful wiews!
The scenery is beautiful around here!
For most people it takes 2-3 days but the weather was quite good so we went on walking to get to the top asap!
If I go Climb Kebnekaise again, I will do the trip on 2-3 days...
Well, there is no spectacular high mountains in the mountain chain of Scandinavia. If you compare the height with the Alps it's not even near. The highest mountain in Scandinavia is 2469 m, Galdhöpiggen, Norway. The highest in Sweden is Kebnekaise, 2119 m. (6,946 ft)
Even if the heights is not to compare to the rest of the world, the mountains here is spectaculary large. It takes time to go to the top.
The mountain chain of Scandinavia is one of the oldest mountain chains in the world. That's why they are large and not so steep.
The Kebnekaise Station is located 10 km from the top. It's located at 772 m:s
It started with a good weather. The Sun was shining and wind was calm. It was a great day for hiking!! We saw two large... more travel advice
Almost there! Only 100 m left to walk but the snow was quite deep so it was a little tricky! It was a bank of fog 200 m... more travel advice
dave_21's Related Pages
Tarfala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kebnekaise - The highest mountain in Sweden"
- "Hiking to the glaciers at Tarfala"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tarfala
- Hotels in Tarfala
- Transportation in Tarfala
- Nightlife in Tarfala
- Warnings and Dangers in Tarfala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tarfala
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tarfala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarfala
Photos in TarfalaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Skene Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tärnaby Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varberg Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Tärnasjön Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abisko Nationalpark Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Tarfala Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue