"Kebnekaise - The highest mountain in Sweden" Tarfala by dave_21

Tarfala Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos

The road to Kebnekaise
The top of Kebnekaise

Kebnekaise is located in the most northen part of Sweden. To get there you must go to Kiruna and take the road to Nikkaloukta (60 km)
When you come to Nikkaloukta you must first go to the Kebnekaise Station (21 km) and after that it's about 10 km to the top and it's very steep.

My trip begun with a chafed foot (well done..) but luckely there are Compeed.
We started at 04:00 in the morning and we reached the top at 23:00
It took us 25 hours of walking from start - top - start. (60 km) and I have never been so tired in my whole life... My legs was like spagetti and my feets hurted so much that I couldn't hardly walk at all..
But it was all worth it! It was a fantastic trip and beautiful wiews!
The scenery is beautiful around here!

For most people it takes 2-3 days but the weather was quite good so we went on walking to get to the top asap!
If I go Climb Kebnekaise again, I will do the trip on 2-3 days...

The Mountain chain of Scandinavia

Well, there is no spectacular high mountains in the mountain chain of Scandinavia. If you compare the height with the Alps it's not even near. The highest mountain in Scandinavia is 2469 m, Galdhöpiggen, Norway. The highest in Sweden is Kebnekaise, 2119 m. (6,946 ft)

Even if the heights is not to compare to the rest of the world, the mountains here is spectaculary large. It takes time to go to the top.

The mountain chain of Scandinavia is one of the oldest mountain chains in the world. That's why they are large and not so steep.

The Kebnekaise Station is located 10 km from the top. It's located at 772 m:s

• Last visit to Tarfala: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2003

dave_21

“I like. Is nice. You look.”

Badges & Stats in Tarfala

Have you been to Tarfala?