"Erzurum - a two days journey" Top 5 Page for this destination Erzurum by dave_21

Erzurum Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 112 photos

A journey through a beautiful landscape

When I was in Antalya last summer I made a bus trip to pammukkale and Erzurum. Turkey is defenetly a country that should be seen not just at the costal lines, the interior offers a sumptuous nature,landscape and friendly people.

We drove on the most dangerous roads and hiked in the most beautiful enviroment. I will never forget the mountains with the snow and the picturesque small little villages. The people were happy to see tourists, not because that the wanted to make money. They just wanted to show their genuine hospitallity. And they did.
It's amazing how people can inspire you with pure friendliness

• Last visit to Erzurum: Dec 2001
  • Intro Written Mar 23, 2003

• israelsson2007's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 3:46 AM

Wonderful page. Great general tips. Great photo of the valleys. Hälsning Eva

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 2:54 AM

I have to agree the honey is superb!!

• Nov 7, 2003 at 10:45 PM

thank you for your fantastic words about the hospitality of my country,we in general like to speak and communicate with new people from all over the world

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 12:26 PM

people's hospitality and sincerity adds so much to a destination! Erzurum looks very pretty as well...

• seratonin's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2003 at 1:29 AM

Great page with some very nice pictures! It looks like there are most fascinating landscapes around Erzurum!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2003 at 1:29 PM

My son would love to have a drum like that!! Erzurum has some great culture! I love fresh fruit and veggies too!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 1:28 PM

Now this is great traveling! Meeting locals, seeing celebrations, eating fresh foods . . . Ahhh. Wonderful.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 8:56 AM

Looks like a very interesting place to visit. Great tips and photos!

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2003 at 11:17 AM

Great pics and tips, I didn't know this "off the beaten path" Turkey, wonderful landscapes & portraits...

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2003 at 6:00 AM

Great scenery-- and I love your photos of the local people.

dave_21

“I like. Is nice. You look.”

Badges & Stats in Erzurum

Have you been to Erzurum?

Latest Activity in Erzurum