"Brazilian Bombshell" Rio de Janeiro by coconutwireless
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,659 reviews and 6,495 photos
From the time I was a little girl and attended the lavish Hollywood musicals Carmen Miranda typified Brazil and all the magic of Carnival.
Perhaps, through her movies she did more than ay other artist to translate the black samba to a white audience and introduce Brazilian music to North Americans.
Her unique look is still copied every year in the streets of Rio during Carnival.
It was always my dream to visit Rio and Carnival.
I never thought that would happen. Our visit to Rio was pre-carnival and although we didn't get to participate in Carnival we were able to feel the "spirit" of it.
Perhaps you wondered why I chose not to write or post some of the more famous of Rios landmarks? It is because there are so many good websites on VT twith beautiful picture and information that I decided to make mine more personal. There is no contest that when in Rio you must visit Corcovado, Sugarloaf , Ipanema and the famous cafe where the well reknown song "Girl from Ipanema" was written.
A small museum but worth a visit if you are a fan. The museum is set on a pleasing summer-residence in one of the most beautiful corners of the city, only 45 minutes from Copacabana, between the sea and the ecological reserve of the Grumari range.
Venue: Estrada do Pontal, 3.295 - Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Phone: (21) 2490-4013 E-mail: email@example.com; Time: Thurs-Sun, 9:30am-5:00
Carmen created the seductive image of the Brazilian woman who meet men joyously, legs and cleavage showing.
Platform shoes are back in fashion today.
A visit to the Restaurant where composer Tom Jobim and lyricist Vinicius de Moraes imortalized a young 18 year old... more travel advice
The rooms had just been rennovated new tile floors, freshly painted with new drapes & bedspreads, freshly painted with... more travel advice
coconutwireless' Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lanai Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parati Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mendoza Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos