"TALK STORY" coconutwireless's Profile
Hawaii is the 50th state in the Union and is comprised of eight major islands: Oahu where the majority of the population is concentrated and you will find the famous Waikiki Beach, Maui, Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, Niihiau, Kahoolawe and the Big Island where you''ll find the active volcanoes of Manuna Loa and Kilauea. Click on this website to find out additional information about these ilsands.
I am blessed to live on the nothern most island in the Hawaiian Chain -the island of Kauai more popularly known as the "Garden Island" because of its beauty and lush vegetation.
The population of the island is about 60,000 residents, however . we average about 80,000 tourists a month.
I haven't always lived here and moved from San Jose California about four years ago. Both my husband and adapted to island living immediately.
Travel is our passion as you can see by the travel map.
If you who are thinking of visiting our island --send an e-mail and I will do my best to answer any questons you might have
"living with Aloha"
"the coconut wireless"
Kalalau lookout located on the West side of the island in Kokee State Park provides you with a panoramic view of the Kalalau Valley, the largest valley on the Na Pali coast. This point with its jagged cliffs (on a clear day) provides the visitor with spectacular views of the Pacific -- where the horizon meets the ocean and the cliffs plunge down to the beach below. The Kalalau Valley was inhabited until 1919. Don't miss this very special place.
I tell people we live on a houseboat. Well what I really mean is that the condo that we live in is barely 600 sq. ft. But the panoramic view from inside and our patio make it all worth being "space challenged. We have a view of the ocean and reef and the Kilauea Light house in the far distance.
While I am rarely up to witness one of our glorious sunrises -- I managed to catch this one on film and although we don't face in the direction to see the sunsets they are equally as spectacular .
Did you know while South Africa is known as the "Rainbow Nation" - Hawaii is known as the "Rainbow State". This is illustrated by a rainbow on all Hawaii drivers' license and license plates.
We have a saying "No rain, No Rainbows"
This was taken on the North Shore during a winter storm surf. Waves can get as high as 40 ft. The surf is always higher on the North Shores of all the Hawaiian Islands during the winter (hey what?) months and the opposite in the summer.
So if you visit us in the summer and like to surf mo betta you go to the South shore. But keep in mind its a small island and you can still enjoy staying on the North Shore with its beautiful Napili Coast and surf on the South Shore.
Beautiful Hanalei Bay s approximately four miles from where I live. It is where the local canoe clubs practice rowing, local kids hang out and jump off the pier and where you can walk out on as far as 50-60 yards into the ocean on a sandy bottom and see your feet the water is so clear.
In the winter it is good for surfing and in the summer for swiming and body boarding.
'Maui no ka oi,' (Maui is the best)
but we say Kaua'i no need brag.
one of the "ono" (good) things about living in Kauai is that we are very ethnically diversified.
Which means we get to experience many different kinds of culture like the Obon Dance Festivals. The season of remembrance of honoring the spirit of those that passed on celebrated with special services and festivals.(Japanese).
One of my favorite festivals is HEIVA I KAUAI IORANA TAHITI , a weekend of great Tahitian entertainment, an array of Polynesian arts and crafts, and delicious local foods.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 33 Reviews
- 164 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Eger Forum "Re: Transport from Eger Train..."
- Commented on leics's profile page
- created a Palestine Travel Page "Green Olive Tours"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Israel"
- coconutwireless and Parisforless are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Syria, Lebanon Archeological Sites in Syria Transportation
updated their Profile Page "TALK STORY"
PhotosSee All Photos (164)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lanai Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parati Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos