"Bathurst, New Brunswick" Bathurst by Canuck5
Bathurst Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 13 photos
The City of Bathurst is in northern New Brunswick, at the edge of Nepisiguit Bay, which is part of the much larger Chaleur Bay ("Bay of Warmth"), so named by explorer Jacques Cartier way back in 1534.
Bathurst's city population is around 13,000, while the Greater Bathurst area has about 24,000 people. Half are anglophone, half are francophone, and about 60% are bilingual.
Among the various attractions the city and area have to offer, the city is billed as the "Snowmobile Capital of Atlantic Canada", and is access to about 1000 kms of snowmobile trails.
From Fredericton, Bathurst is a 3-hour drive along Hwy 8.
If you're looking to do some nature trail hiking, this is a good place to go. The park entrance is only about a five... more travel advice
About 30 kms east of Bathurst, N.B., along Hwy 11, is the little community of Pokeshaw. The attraction here is the... more travel advice
Canuck5's Related Pages
Bathurst Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bathurst
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bathurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bathurst
Photos in BathurstSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 67 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint John Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlottetown Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Miramichi Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Norfolk Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bathurst Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- McAdam Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos