"The Capital of "Acadie"" Caraquet by Canuck5
Caraquet Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos
Caraquet is known as "le Capital de l'Acadie" (the Capital of Acadia), and in 2003, Heritage Canada recognized Caraquet as the Cultural Capital of Canada.
Since 1881, August 15th has been celebrated as National Acadian Day, and Caraquet is "ground-zero" for the annual celebrations of Acadians and their culture.
On that day each year in Caraquet, the main street becomes a huge party, as a parade of anyone and everyone, many in costumes (traditional and not-so-traditional) makes their way eastward down St. Pierre Blvd. West.
Other communities also celebrate the day, but nowhere is it celebrated with such enthusiasm and heart, as in Caraquet.
Every August 15th, Acadians celebrate National Acadian Day by parading down St. Pierre Blvd. West. National Acadian Day... more travel advice
Canuck5's Related Pages
Caraquet Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caraquet
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Caraquet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caraquet
Photos in CaraquetSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 67 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint John Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlottetown Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Miramichi Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Norfolk Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bathurst Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- McAdam Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos