"Hartland, home of the longest covered bridge" Hartland by Canuck5
Hartland Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
The Town of Hartland is located about 120 kms northwest of the City of Fredericton, in New Brunswick, Canada.
Although it may be the smallest town in this province, with a population of only about 900, it boasts the longest covered bridge in the world.
The Town of Hartland is about a 25-minute drive from the border with the USA, at Houlton, Maine.
The covered bridge that attracts tourists to Hartland is1,282 feet long, and was officially opened on July 4th, 1901. It was the first bridge built to connect the east and west banks of the St. John River in Hartland.
You can drive across it for free now, but when it was first opened, it cost 3 cents for a pedestrian, 6 cents for a single horse and wagon, and 12 cents for a double team.
The Trans-Canada Highway (Route #2) passes over the Hugh John Flemming Bridge, as you cross over the St. John River.... more travel advice
Canuck5's Related Pages
Hartland Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hartland
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hartland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hartland
Photos in HartlandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton Intro, 67 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint John Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charlottetown Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Miramichi Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Norfolk Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bathurst Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- McAdam Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Quebec Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos