"Marisa's travels" marisa81's Profile

hello

I am 23 years old, and currently studying Political Science at Carleton University. I study in Ottawa, Canada, but my home town is in Thunder Bay.
I have travelled throughout many states in the USA, and spent a summer working in Michigan.
I spent a year volunteering in London, England when I was 19, and got to see much of western Europe. I have travelled to Cuba as resort vacationer. I have gone to Mexico city and around Europe on a tight budget. One of the best and most economical ways to travel is to do so through an organization. eg. Volunteering for something. I stayed in Europe for 7 months doing so.
I studied last year on an exchange program at La Trobe University in Melbourne. (just for one semester) I I really enjoyed my time "down under", I experienced so many interesting things and saw so many unforgettable sights that I would drag you all to boredom describing them all. My only advice, is you need to see this country with your own eyes. Currently I am finishing my degree at Carleton in Ottawa and unsure where my life will take me next. I would like to think travelling is in the near future, but my student debts tell me otherwise..only time will tell I guess.. :)

• Intro Updated Oct 14, 2004

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 1:54 AM

Happy Birthday to you from Poland. I hope you had a nice day there:)

• etfromnc's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 5:58 PM

... because it was wonderful the first time!! Happy birthday!!!!

• Jun 7, 2004 at 1:09 PM

Hey Marisa. Happy Birthday to you and many happy returns of the day. May all your dreams come true. Enjoy your special day and have loads of fun. Greetings from rainy Islamabad...

• chris_i79's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 6:22 PM

Hope you are havin a happy b-day in Melbourne.

• australia2's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 5:52 AM

Good to have you closely with us. I watched Latrobe Uni being built. Mostly gum trees there , eh ??!!..L.

• goldcoaster's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 5:34 AM

Nice work. Have a nice trip up the coast.

• circeo's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2004 at 12:13 AM

Good way of travelling!!!! ;) Greatings from i*t*a*l*y* ciao

• sasmaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2003 at 5:23 AM

hello!your page very niceand I 'm effected since your story. I live in antalya the south of turkey near mediterrenean.if you answer me ý'll be very glad. see you soon..

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

marisa81

“why go to the same place twice?”

Location