"Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico" Piedras Negras by Stephen-KarenConn
Piedras Negras Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 27 photos
Piedras Negras is a small city of about 200,000 people at the northern border of the Mexican state of Coahuila, Mexico. It is sister city to Eagle Pass, Texas, just across the Rio Grande, and it is 441 km north of Saltillo, capital city of Coahuila, via Federal Highway 57
Piedras Negras is known as "La Puerta de Mexico" (Mexico's Door), however I found it to be much less touristy than other border towns I have been to, and a visit there seems much more authentically "Mexican." Piedras Negras is the home of the Nacho, a classic Tex-Mex dish of cheeze and tortilla chips. The area surrounding Piedras Negras is ranchland, and also a popular area for hunting game.
Piedra Negras had its beginning in 1850, when a Mexican garrison was placed here in response to the establishment of... more travel advice
This restaurant reminds me in many ways of an American franchise establishment, but with a decided Mexican flavor. It is... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Piedras Negras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico"
- "A nice, clean and safe Border Town US MEXICO"
- "Experience the real Piedras Negras."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piedras Negras
- Hotels in Piedras Negras
- Transportation in Piedras Negras
- Restaurants in Piedras Negras
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piedras Negras
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Piedras Negras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piedras Negras
Photos in Piedras NegrasSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos