"Wawa, Ontario, Canada" Top 5 Page for this destination Wawa by Stephen-KarenConn

Wawa Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 56 photos

Wawa, Ontario, Pop. 4,100, is a picturesque lakefront town on the Trans-Canada Highway (17), 216 km (135 miles) north of Sault Ste. Marie. It is a mining town, but better known to many people as a center for outdoor and wilderness adventures. Opportunities for boating, hiking, fishing, hunting and exploring the vast Canadian wilderness abound. We found it an ideal stop on our trip around Lake Superior. The beautiful setting alone was enough to make us fall in love with Wawa at first sight. We left reluctantly, promising ourselves that we would be back.

• In a nutshell:A perfect destination for those who love small towns and outdoor adventure.
  • Last visit to Wawa: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 27, 2005

• Jul 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Hello Moving to Wawa in few weeks, I need help finding a house to rent long term. Someone help please. Lamas

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I absolutely love finding these wonderful hidden gems. The falls are stunning, but the Wawa Goose monument is fantastic!!!! Wishing you all many Happy Trails!

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Wawa looks simple but the falls made it different. Your good description of it did justice to the place.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Interesting tips on a beautiful area. Too bad that moose didn't wait for you to get out your camera, though. (When I was in high school we used to go canoeing in the Quetico -- quite a ways west of Wawa, actually.)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 10:23 PM

Great page, outsrtanding pictures and perfect tips. The waterfalls look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 1:11 PM

These Falls Look Great! Good Page

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 12:30 AM

Beatiful waterfalls! Amazing place!!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 1:21 PM

Very helpful page - I'll be in Wawa next week! (I'm finally doing that "circle tour" of Lake Superior that I've dreamed of.)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 5:35 PM

Traveling is a remarkable thing, every day something new is learned. I always thought Wawa was a 7-11 type convenience store in Pennsylvania (wink, wink) Kat

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 6:59 PM

I remember a fishing trip my Dad made to Wawa! I had forgotten all about it! Thanks for the memories. Marcia

Badges & Stats in Wawa