"Windsor and Essex County, Ontario" Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor by Stephen-KarenConn

Windsor Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 984 photos

We have made two visits to Windsor in the past year, and enjoyed both of them thoroughly.

Our first Windsor adventure was over the long 4th of July weekend in 2003. On that trip we took a circle tour of Essex County. Highlights were Point Pelee National Park, Historic Fort Malden, Leamington (Canada's tomato capital), and Lighthouse Cove on Lake St. Clair at the Thames River, in addition to downtown Windsor.

We have just returned from our second trip to Windsor, and our first ever VT meeting, June 5-6, 2004, hosted by Waaleweiner (Hans and Lori Waalewyn.) It was a great experience - a perfect meeting in every way. See our accompanying travelogue for pictures from the meeting.

• Pros:A Beautiful City in a Fabulous Riverfront Setting
  • In a nutshell:Canada's Motor City and Southernmost Point
  • Last visit to Windsor: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2004

• Apr 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

You should see the riverfront now!!! We have the LONGEST parks along the riverfront (dont quote me) than all of Ontario! It rivals many now. And be sure to hit the WINE TOURS available in Essex county. We have the casino and Colliseum which features MANY famous acts now...and much more to come in the next couple years, revamping and focusing on tourism! We are currently under construction in the downtown with oodles of plans in the works. The southern most tip of Canada, just MOMENTS away from the U.S. and YES its an advantage to live in this quiet "border"city! :D

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Great tips!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Great pictures from the VT-meet. Canadian Club Whisky Tour sounds great. Interesting info on the Freedom Tower as well. Hope to visit Windsor someday!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 11:03 AM

the meeting of two dear nations I exprienced in Vermont and it was a great time in my life and I saw a lake which also divided your country and Canada, lake Ontario. The Erie sounds perfect!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 2:48 PM

I went to Windsor once (only for a few hours), your page has made me realise I would like togo back and see it properly!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 8:39 AM

Ok I got to stop & comment. Stephen you write the BEST pages. I love Tim Hortons & I never knew the underground RR went to Ontario. I'll be in WIndsor this fall. Kat

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 9:17 PM

On your next trip try Tunnel BBQ. Awesome ribs!

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 6:57 PM

Nice pictures and tips. Thanks.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2004 at 6:17 AM

Great pages. Ma Kettle and I are among those that enjoy feeding our coins into those hungry little machines. Pa

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 7:09 AM

Hello Stephen and Karen: Surprise! I thought I would visit your Windsor pages as I have started one too. I got a new digital camera & thought I would take some pix of Windsor. Hugs. Lori.

Badges & Stats in Windsor

Have you been to Windsor?

Latest Activity in Windsor