"Twin Falls Resort State Park" Twin Falls State Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Twin Falls State Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos
Twin Falls Resort State Park, which opened in July, 1970, is one of the newer state parks of West Virginia, and perhaps one of the least known, because it is well off the beaten path. There are higher mountains and more spectacular waterfalls in West Virginia than those you will find here. Still, this hidden jewel of southern West Virginia is a marvelous place to relax and recreate in a beautiful natural setting, far from the madding crowds.
The park gets it's name from two waterfalls which are both about 20 feet tall, and within less than a half mile of each other, but otherwise are not ttwins at all. Each has it's own unique character, and each is well worth the short hike to visit it.
The forest-clad mountains of the park are lush and green in summer, with hickory, maple tulip popular and many other trees. Winter also carries a remnant of green with evergreen helmlock and pine shading an understory of mountain laurel and rhododendron. The most colorful times to visit are during the spring blossoming season and the brilliant fall foilage of October. Every time of year has it's own rewards.
Wildlife is abundant here and includes whitetail deer, turkey, squirrels, hawks, owls, foxes, racoons, coyotes, skunks and rabbits. More civilized attractions include a fine lodge, restaurant and golf course. The park is open year round and there is no admisison charge.
Whenever Karen and I travel we usually carry with us the fixings for a picnic lunch. No only is a picnic less expensive... more travel advice
Twin Falls Resort State Park is crowned with a modern lodge which boasts 20 guest rooms, a gift shop, nature center and... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Twin Falls State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Twin Falls State Park
- Hotels in Twin Falls State Park
- Restaurants in Twin Falls State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Twin Falls State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Twin Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Twin Falls State Park
Photos in Twin Falls State ParkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos