"Seneca Rocks, West Virginia" Top 5 Page for this destination Seneca Rocks by Stephen-KarenConn

Seneca Rocks Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 50 photos

Seneca Rocks, in West Virginia's Potomac Highlands, is the name of both a mountain and a very small town at the mountain's base. The craggy peak of Seneca Rocks is one of the best known landmarks in West Virginia.

Seneca Rocks is a "Almost Heaven" for those who love the outdoors. The area offers opportunities for everything from rock climbing, cave exploring, fishing, hiking, horseback riding and whitewater rafting, to picnicking and nature study. What you will not find in these remote mountains is a shopping mall, a fast food chain or a building more than two stories high.

• Last visit to Seneca Rocks: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2006

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM

We plan on visiting W.V. this summer and this is one of the places on my list to visit. Nice page! I do want to climb those one way or another

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Seneca Rocks is just one of the many beautiful sceneries on your pages. I really enjoyed the view and want to see the real thing sometime in the future.

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 6:02 PM

My parents used to take us here on picnics when I was a little one. My husband has never been here--so we need to go! Your tips will be helpful--I didn't know about the Sites farm.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Certainly enjoyed reading about your adventure in Seneca Rocks, especially the Sites Homestead, Harper's Old Country Store, and the Front Porch Restaurant. Beautiful deer photographs. The Discovery Center is a beautiful building.

Badges & Stats in Seneca Rocks

Have you been to Seneca Rocks?

Latest Activity in Seneca Rocks