"Holly River State Park, West Virginia" Holly River State Park by Stephen-KarenConn

Holly River State Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos

Holly River State Park is in Webster County, near the center of West Virginia, yet still off the beaten path. With 8,101 densely forested acres it is the second largest park in the Mountain State. It is located in the narrow Hacker Valley, surrounded by mountains that reach heights of more than 2,800 feet -- the perfect destination for those seeking peace and solitude amidst scenic beauty

Visitors will find many modern amenities, such as rental cabins, tennis courts and a swimming pool. However, to me the most striking and memorable feature of the park is a series of three secluded waterfalls which can be reached only by taking a short hike.

Holly River State Park is located on WV 20, 32 miles south of Buckhannon and 20 miles north of Webster

• Last visit to Holly River State Park: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 29, 2007

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 5:55 AM

Super pictures , Stephen. I know they can never substitute "being there" to hear the sounds, experience the scents, or feel the textures, but it's pretty darn close! Had I been there, I would have encourage you to wade in to get that perfect "shot"!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 1:11 PM

I enjoyed my brief visit to West Virginina, but never had the chance to sample natural wonders like this! Beaut photos and descriptions of this very peaceful looking bit of wilderness. I may have been tempted to take a slide on Shupe's Chute myself!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2006 at 6:14 PM

Looks like I'm the first to view your page as well. I always find new state parks when I visit your pages, and more to add to my own list. :) This park looks like its well worth a visit.

Badges & Stats in Holly River State Park

Have you been to Holly River State Park?

Latest Activity in Holly River State Park