"Dodgeville, Iowa County, Wisconsin" Dodgeville by Stephen-KarenConn
Dodgeville Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 35 photos
Dodgeville, a town of just over 4,000 population in the uplands of southwestern Wisconsin, is the seat of Iowa County. The town was named for an early settler, Henry Dodge, who first came to the area to mine lead in 1827. Dodge became the first Territorial Governor of Wisconsin in 1836.
Although small in size and far from any large city, Dodgeville is the corporate headquarters of Lands' End, a global catalog and internet merchant of apparel and home products. In 2002, Lands' End was the fourth largest catalog merchant and the largest seller of apparel online in the world. Lands' End was bought by Sears in 2002; Sears merged with K-mart in 2004.
The 40-mile Military Ridge State Trail connects Dodgeville with the Wisconsin State Capital of Madison, following an old... more travel advice
Just a couple of miles north of Dodgeville on State Route # 23 is the Governor Dodge State Park. With 5,270 scenic acres... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Dodgeville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dodgeville, Iowa County, Wisconsin"
- "4Pack's new Dodgeville Page"
- "A Quirky Place"
- "An Unknown Gem (At least to us)"
- "Dodgeville, WI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dodgeville
- Hotels in Dodgeville
- Transportation in Dodgeville
- Restaurants in Dodgeville
- Shopping in Dodgeville
- Warnings and Dangers in Dodgeville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dodgeville
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Dodgeville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dodgeville
Photos in DodgevilleSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos