"Port Isabel, Texas" Port Isabel by Stephen-KarenConn
Port Isabel Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 30 photos
Many people pass by this historic town on the southern tip of Texas in their hurry to get to the better known resort of South Padre Island. We feel they do so at their own loss. Port Isabel is the older of the two communities and has much to offer in the way of historic, scenic and natural attractions. It was once home to the largest shrimp fleet in America, and is still a fishing village as well as a recreational spot.
When we recently spent a week-long vacation at South Padre Island, we found ourselves coming back over the causeway to the mainland and Port Isabel several times to sample its fine restaurants, museums, shops and nearby outdoor opportunities. We especially enjoyed exploring Port Isabel's splendid old Lighthouse Square and the waterfront.
- In a nutshell:A Delightful South Texas Treasure Not to Be Missed.
The most interesting thing we did in Port Isabel was to take a Dolphin Watch Ecology Tour out onto Laguna Madre. Of the... more travel advice
Chicago has its Cows, Cincinnati its Flying Pigs, and Port Isabel has Dolphins. Several of these fiberglass statues can... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Port Isabel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port Isabel, Texas"
- "Gateway to South Padre Island"
- "Port Isabel"
- "PORT ISABEL TEXAS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Isabel
- Hotels in Port Isabel
- Restaurants in Port Isabel
- Shopping in Port Isabel
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Isabel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Isabel
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Port Isabel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Isabel
Photos in Port IsabelSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos