"Austin: Capital City of Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination Austin by Stephen-KarenConn
Austin Travel Guide: 1,205 reviews and 1,778 photos
In a state as big as Texas there are several great cities, but none any more alluring than Austin, the Capital of the "Lone Star State."
Austin has a personality that will win you over. It is cosmopolitan, yet unpretentious - a place where you can be yourself, whether you are a sophisticated urbanite, or as country as a hay seed. You'll even see bumper stickers which proclaim: Keep Austin Weird! There's a place for EVERYBODY here.
The people of Austin obviously have a zest for life, and they enjoy showing their town to visitors - who always discover more than they expected.
I was especially fortunate on my last visit to Austin, in February, 2005, that ATXtraveler (aka. Mark) and Saraheg77 (Sarah), who was soon to become his wife, took time off to give me a royal tour. I also met several other VTers - all of them interesting, friendly folks, whom you will meet here in my Austin page.
This was my second time in Austin, the first being about 20 years ago. Still I would love to return - there's so much more of the Texas Capitol I want to experience. Somehow, I feel that I've just scratched the surface.
The First Lutheran Church in Travis County, Historic Gethsemane Church, was organized by Swedish pioneers in the late... more travel advice
Austin is famous for it's live music and Sixth Street in downtown Austin is the best place to enjoy hearing it. Seven... more travel advice
- See All Boy Scout's Statue of Liberty Monument
- Wildlife Is Where You Find It
- First Ever Austin VT Meeting
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Austin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austin through the eyes of a local"
- "Austin-Off the Beaten Path"
- "Austin: Capital City of Texas"
- "The capital of the Lone Star State"
- "Keep Austin Weird!"
- "South by Southwest-Austin, Texas"
- "Awesome Austin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austin
- Hotels in Austin
- Transportation in Austin
- Nightlife in Austin
- Restaurants in Austin
- Shopping in Austin
- Warnings and Dangers in Austin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austin
- 35 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Austin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austin
- updated a Austin Travel Page "Austin: Capital City of Texas"
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- Uploaded a Photo to "First Ever Austin VT Meeting"
- Commented on one of KiKitC's Austin travel pages
- Wrote a Review Historic Gethsemane Church about Art & Architecture in Austin Things to Do
Photos in AustinSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos