"Pikeville, Tennessee: Our Future Home" Pikeville by Stephen-KarenConn
Pikeville Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
After visiting all fifty states, living in 11 of them and traveling over much of the world, Karen and I have decided that when we retire and can live anywhere we choose we will move to Pikeville, Tennessee. Pikeville is a very small town of about 2,000 people in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley of southeastern Tennessee. But actually we will be living about 15 miles outside of Pikeville on 7 acres of land (we call it Greenbrier Hollow) on Tennessee's fabled and scenic Cumberland Plateau. We have a small cabin under construction there now, and will later build a nicer retirement home and turn the cabin into a studio. Check back for more as we will be adding to this page - perhaps for years to come.
Pikeville is actually very conveniently located: 1 hour from Chattanooga, 90 minutes from Knoxville, and about two hours from Nashville. It is also the gateway to Fall Creek Falls State Park, the most visited park in Tennessee and one of the top state parks in America.
- Pros:Far from the Madding Crowd!
- Cons:There are no "Conns" living there yet, but someday there will be two of us.
- In a nutshell:Remote, beautiful, uncrowded ... our kind of place.
This roadside farm market, operated by a mother/daughter team, is open year round, but it especially shines in late... more travel advice
Truthfully, on most days there's not a lot to do in Pikeville, so if you're in town you might as well stroll down Main... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Pikeville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pikeville
- Hotels in Pikeville
- Restaurants in Pikeville
- Shopping in Pikeville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pikeville
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Pikeville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pikeville
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos