"Pikeville, Tennessee: Our Future Home" Pikeville by Stephen-KarenConn

Pikeville Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos

After visiting all fifty states, living in 11 of them and traveling over much of the world, Karen and I have decided that when we retire and can live anywhere we choose we will move to Pikeville, Tennessee. Pikeville is a very small town of about 2,000 people in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley of southeastern Tennessee. But actually we will be living about 15 miles outside of Pikeville on 7 acres of land (we call it Greenbrier Hollow) on Tennessee's fabled and scenic Cumberland Plateau. We have a small cabin under construction there now, and will later build a nicer retirement home and turn the cabin into a studio. Check back for more as we will be adding to this page - perhaps for years to come.

Pikeville is actually very conveniently located: 1 hour from Chattanooga, 90 minutes from Knoxville, and about two hours from Nashville. It is also the gateway to Fall Creek Falls State Park, the most visited park in Tennessee and one of the top state parks in America.

• Pros:Far from the Madding Crowd!
  • Cons:There are no "Conns" living there yet, but someday there will be two of us.
  • In a nutshell:Remote, beautiful, uncrowded ... our kind of place.
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2007

• JakeW7's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Hi my name is jake I have lived in pikeville tn for 11 1/2 years I like pikeville and all but the town is dying from it haveing any jobs with over 2000 people living there and haveing just a hand full of jobs yes it might be nice to retire but moveing there and trying to find a job is harder then normal I'm sorry but I want to leave pikeville tn there is nothing here and the walmart and stores like that are about 40 miles both ways

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 4:32 AM

So, Pikeville will be Home Sweet Home some day. It does look like a beautiful area to retire in. I have yet to find a place I'd rather be, than right here.

• prospectst's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Hi, My wife and I have just purchased some land in Pikeville, on Beaver Dam Rd. We also bought this as a future retirement spot. Any insight, to offer? Jim

Stephen-KarenConn Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Pikeville

Have you been to Pikeville?

Latest Activity in Pikeville