"Norris Dam State Park, Tennessee" Norris Dam State Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Norris Dam State Park Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Norris Dam State Park sprawls over more than 4,000 acres along the shores of Norris Lake at the site of Norris Dam. This was the first of a series of dams built by the Tennessee Valley Authority beginning in 1933 and is situated in the Ridge and Valley Region of East Tennessee. Virgin forests, a shimmering blue lake, caves, scenic valleys, sparkling streams and abundant wildlife are among the natural wonders of Norris.
Great emphasis is being placed on historical interpretation at the Park. The Lenoir Pioneer Museum, an 18th century gristmill, a threshing barn and a shop featuring authentic Tennessee crafts are among the cultural attractions for park visitors.
Norris Dam State Park is located about 20 miles northwest of Knoxville and is accessible from Interstate 75 from both the Lake City and Norris exits.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful mountains and lake, just a short drive north of Knoxville.
The contents of this Museum of Early Americana were given to the State of Tennessee by Will G. and Helen H. Lenoir, to... more travel advice
Originally constructed along Lost Creek, in Union Co, TN, this mill was built by James Rice and his sons in the 1790's.... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Norris Dam State Park Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Norris Dam State Park
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Norris Dam State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norris Dam State Park
Photos in Norris Dam State ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos