"Museum of Appalachia: Norris, Tennessee" Norris by Stephen-KarenConn
Norris Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 41 photos
Normally I would not devote a complete set of pages to a single museum, but the Museum of Appalachia is no ordinary place. It is a wondrous 60 acre living mountain village, which has earned rave reviews in such far flung periodicals as The New York Times, Kansas City Star and Los Angeles Herald Examiner. The Official State of Tennessee Blue Book calls the Museum of Appalachia "The most authentic and complete replica of pioneer Appalachian life in the world."
Step inside these pages and let us share with you just a small sampling of the of the more than three dozen structures and 250,000 artifacts which help make this one of our favorite museums in all the world.
This one-room, dirt-floored structure was used by 20th Century Fox as the frontier home of Daniel Boone in the TV series... more travel advice
The McClung House was built a few miles southwest of Knoxville on the wagon path that later came to be known as Kingston... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Norris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Museum of Appalachia: Norris, Tennessee"
- "Norris, TN"
- "NORRIS, TN"
- "your in the country ... "
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norris
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (177)
Have you been to Norris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norris
Photos in NorrisSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos