"Tennessee's Finest: Fall Creek Falls State Park" Fall Creek Falls State Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Fall Creek Falls State Park Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 38 photos
Fall Creek Falls State Park is the largest and most popular state park in Tennessee, and also my personal favorite. It has also been rated as one of the top state parks in America, yet it remains undiscovered by the vast majority of tourists to the Volunteer State.
Perhaps that is because Fall Creek Falls is not actually close to anywhere, and it is on no well-traveled route. However, for those who seek it out, the park is only about 90 minutes from either Chattanooga or Knoxville, and two hours from Nashville, located approximately in the center of the triangle created by these three cities. It sits at about 2,000 feet elevation, atop Tennessee's picturesque Cumberland Plateau, one of the most rugged and least populated parts of the state.
The centerpiece of the park is Fall Creek Falls, which, at 256 feet, is the highest waterfall in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains. However there are also at least four other impressive waterfalls in the park, as well as high cliffs, deep gorges, caves, fabulous swimming holes, a large lake, and a host of modern ammenities, including a great lodge, restaurants, and swimming pools.
Karen and I love this area so much we have bought 7 acres of land just a few miles from the park entrance and are planning to build our retirement home there.
Please don't visit Fall Creek Falls. Instead go to the Smoky Mountains with all the other tourist hordes, and leave this prettiest spot in Tennessee to those of us who love having the place all to ourselves.
I just had to share this photo of one of my favorite trees. The Umbrella Magnolia is often a big tree, growing up to 40... more travel advice
The cool deep gorges of Fall Creek Falls State Park form a micro-climate which provides a home to many plants which are... more travel advice
- A Great Choice for Breakfast, Lunch or...
- Gorge Scenic Drive Motor Nature Trail
- Respect the Wilderness
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Fall Creek Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tennessee's Finest: Fall Creek Falls State Park"
- "Falls and Cascades and Gorges - Oh My!"
- "Fall Creek Falls Tennessee"
- "Fall Creek Falls State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Hotels in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Transportation in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Restaurants in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fall Creek Falls State Park
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Fall Creek Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fall Creek Falls State Park
Photos in Fall Creek Falls State ParkSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos