"Chattanooga, Tennessee: A City Reborn" Top 5 Page for this destination Chattanooga by Stephen-KarenConn
Chattanooga Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 792 photos
I grew up 30 miles north of Chattanooga, and whenever our family went to the "big city," this was it. Chattanooga was a thrilling place back then, especially when all the downtown department stores had animated displays in the windows on the day of the annual Christmas Parade. Chattanooga was Wonderland!
Then, with the expansion of the suburbs, downtown Chattanooga went into a few decades of serious decline. But the city has emerged now better than ever. Chattanooga today is once again a vibrant place - and a different kind of wonderland. This medium-sized Tennessee city just happens to be located in one of the most scenic settings of any urban center in the southern United States, surrounded by ridges and mountains, with a river running through it. The citizens of Chattanooga have built (or rebuilt) on that natural beauty and allure in an amazing revitalization of the downtown area, especially along the riverfront. Downtown Chattanooga is flourishing, with an aquarium, museums, parks, and a score of other projects, including the 21st Century Waterfront Project, a $120 million, 129 acre vision that is a model of urban renewal.
Just look at what others are saying about Chattanooga:
Fodor's: "One of the most overlooked and underrated places to visit ... a top family destination."
Family Fun Magazine: called it one of the top five cities to visit in the United States.
Outside: "One of the Top Ten Dream Towns"
U.S. News and World Report included Chattanooga in "Six Smart Cities ... What Your Hometown Can Learn from Six Success Stories."
Parade "The Reborn City ... A Place You Might Want to Live."
National Public Radio: called Chattanooga "one of the great cities of the world."
Impressed? Just wait until you visit Chattanooga for yourself. I'm proud of the city of my youth.
- In a nutshell:Scenic Center of the South
On a trip to Chattanooga in February, 2006, Karen and I decided to stay at the elegant and historic Read House in the... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Chattanooga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chattanooga-A Great City"
- "chattanooga tennessee"
- "A Town Reborn"
- "Chattanooga Tennessee"
- "Chattanooga, Tennessee: A City Reborn"
- "Chattanooga aka "ChattaNEWga": Better and Better"
- "Chattanooga - Smaller Metro, but lots to do!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chattanooga
- Hotels in Chattanooga
- Transportation in Chattanooga
- Nightlife in Chattanooga
- Restaurants in Chattanooga
- Shopping in Chattanooga
- Warnings and Dangers in Chattanooga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chattanooga
- 20 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Chattanooga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chattanooga
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- Wrote a Review Creative Discovery Museum about Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Creative Discovery Museum"
- Commented on one of 807Wheaton's Chattanooga travel pages
- updated a Chattanooga Travel Page "Chattanooga, Tennessee: A City Reborn"
Photos in ChattanoogaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos