"Multnomah Falls and the Columbia River Gorge" Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls by Stephen-KarenConn

Multnomah Falls Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 183 photos

Two hundred years ago Lewis and Clark completed their trek to the Pacific Ocean by paddling down the majestic Columbia River Gorge. It could not have been a more fitting crescendo to the first overland journey across the North American continent.

There are few spots on earth that equal the sheer natural beauty and grandeur of this spectacular river canyon. At 80-miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep, it cuts the only sea level passage through the Cascade Mountain Range. More high waterfalls are found here than in any comparable area in America. Those who enjoy the outdoors and scenic splendor will fall in love with this place at first sight.

• Last visit to Multnomah Falls: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 8, 2004

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

It is a great place to visit.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I loved learning about all the falls. We hope to visit in late Oct 2010. Looks fabulous.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM

We visited Oregon about 10 years ago but I'd forgotten how lovely this part was - thanks for reminding me :)

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'll be heading back to the Columbia river gorge tomorrow morning. I think I'll start a little further inland than you got though. I can't wait.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 12:56 PM

We were just here in May of this year. What a breathtakingly beautiful area. It was a typically cloudy and rainy day as well. We loved it! Great photos!

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 8:35 PM

Great pictures of a beautiful area. We went to Oregon about eight years ago and loved it. We look forward to going back there someday.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 2:19 PM

This is breath-taking. We don't really have anything on this scale in Britain. Right up my street!!

• e7forever's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 8:26 PM

Great page. A new place added to my list that i never knew about. Matt

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for the tips!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2005 at 6:01 AM

Great photos and tips! I visited this area briefly a couple of years ago and I'm looking forward to heading back in a few months. Multnomah Falls was a spectacular sight and lunch at the Loidge was excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Badges & Stats in Multnomah Falls

Have you been to Multnomah Falls?