"Our New Home Town" Loveland by Stephen-KarenConn
Loveland Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 71 photos
Loveland is a growing suburb on the northeastern side of Greater Cincinnati. With a population of around 12,000, Loveland maintains a bit of small town charm, but it is on the growing edge of a metropolitan area of about two million souls. Every amenity imaginable is within easy reach.
Situated on the banks of the Little Miami River, where Hamilton, Clermont and Warren counties meet, Loveland is the only town in the state of Ohio that lies in three counties.
Loveland was first settled in 1795 by Colonel Thomas Paxton (1793-1813) who came from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and had 11 children. He is credited with many "firsts", including the first log cabin, the first wedding (of his daughter), the first voting place, and the first Presbyterian Church service. Paxton is buried in the Ramsey/Paxton historic family cemetery located on the land he first settled, a property now known as White Pillars on Route 48 in Clermont County.
In late April, 2006, Karen and I moved to a new house in Loveland. It wasn't a long move - just ten miles up the road from where we lived for the past four years in Sharonville, another Cincinnati suburb.
We love our new house in Loveland. It's a great place to call "Home."
In downtown Loveland, beside the hike/bike trail, you will find this office for the Little Miami State and National Wild... more travel advice
The first few times I passed this memorial I didn't even stop to read the plaques. However, when I finally did, I found... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Loveland Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Loveland
- Hotels in Loveland
- Restaurants in Loveland
- Shopping in Loveland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loveland
- 19 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Loveland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loveland
Photos in LovelandSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos