"Our New Home Town" Loveland by Stephen-KarenConn

Loveland Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 71 photos

Loveland is a growing suburb on the northeastern side of Greater Cincinnati. With a population of around 12,000, Loveland maintains a bit of small town charm, but it is on the growing edge of a metropolitan area of about two million souls. Every amenity imaginable is within easy reach.

Situated on the banks of the Little Miami River, where Hamilton, Clermont and Warren counties meet, Loveland is the only town in the state of Ohio that lies in three counties.

Loveland was first settled in 1795 by Colonel Thomas Paxton (1793-1813) who came from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and had 11 children. He is credited with many "firsts", including the first log cabin, the first wedding (of his daughter), the first voting place, and the first Presbyterian Church service. Paxton is buried in the Ramsey/Paxton historic family cemetery located on the land he first settled, a property now known as White Pillars on Route 48 in Clermont County.

In late April, 2006, Karen and I moved to a new house in Loveland. It wasn't a long move - just ten miles up the road from where we lived for the past four years in Sharonville, another Cincinnati suburb.

We love our new house in Loveland. It's a great place to call "Home."

• Intro Updated Dec 13, 2006

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 6:39 AM

I love such lovely pages! ;) Thanks!

• Jan 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Great page! great name for a town! Do you think the people are happier there just because of the name! Human Psychology can do strange things to us at times!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 12:46 PM

What a lovely look at loveable Loveland.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 12:37 PM

If the main line of the Baltimore & Ohio used to pass through Loveland, then I have probably been through there on the train, because I used to ride the B&O between Chicago and Washington. Also I did my basic training near there, at Fort Knox, Kentucky.

• Escadora7's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Hello Stephen and Karen - Loveland seems like such an appropriate name for a place for you two. It looks lovely. Best wishes! Ash & Eve

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Gosh love your new castle and the The Loveland Castle - Chateau Laroche is beautiful too! I think you made a good choice with your new digs!!

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Lovely little historic town. Nice page. Too bad the oldest building had to be moved from it's original location, but that's a mistake made by many towns and cities in the USA.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Update a yr. later. Beautiful, lovely, enchanting, delightful...all words to describe your new home, Stephen and Karen. Fascinated by the castle and its origins. The Loveland Frog is so weird! Delightful town and area. You love birds deserve it.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 11:46 AM

What a lovely place! Great page!

• Mara_2's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 3:29 AM

Beautiful place! I'm feeling sorry USA are so far away... Great tips! I felt almost as I have been there already! Thanks for giving my immagination that feeling!

Stephen-KarenConn Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Loveland

Have you been to Loveland?

Latest Activity in Loveland