"Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City" Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati by Stephen-KarenConn

Cincinnati Travel Guide: 629 reviews and 1,464 photos

Like Rome, Cincinnati is a city built on seven hills. It is an Ohio River town with a growing metropolitan area of almost two million people, spilling over into Kentucky to the south and Indiana to the west.

When early American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow first viewed the green hills of Cincinnati he dubbed it the "Queen City of the West." In those days Cincinnati was the largest American city in "the West," (now the Midwest) and the metropolis of America's rapidly expanding Northwest Territory. In fact, it was the sixth largest city in America, about four times the size of Chicago. Other cities have now surpassed Cincinnati in size but not in character and charm. A century after Longfellow, Sir Winston Churchill visited Cincinnati and proclaimed it to be "America's most beautiful inland city."

Cincinnati is a city of neighborhoods. This helps to give it a small town feel while having big city ammenities. We live in Sharonville, one of Cincinnati's northern subburbs, and love it here. There is so much to see and do in Cincinnati. These pages will be under construction for quite some time. But come on in; let us begin to share "Our Town" with you. You're in for many delightful surprises.

• Intro Updated Nov 30, 2007

• Jan 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Hi, I really liked your pages, My name is Phil and I am currently writing a tour for American Legacy Tour Company. It will concentrate around Fountain Square, any ideas you have will be appreciated, my email is philre131@fuse.net Thank you

• Dec 26, 2007 at 7:19 PM

I will be relocating to Dayton and found your information wonderful. Thank you so much.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 7:48 PM

What an awesome page! I will tell you, we have been there twice and are amazed at how much there is to do and how nice of a city it is.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 2:19 PM

You would have enjoyed Cinci last weekend (10/6-8) Tall Stacks event when riverboats line the shore!

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 4:14 PM

When I see that Cincinnati ice cream, I feel like booking a flight there immediately!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 9:33 AM

amazing detail . i would have never have guessed there was so much history in the place

• Little_Lou_Lou's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 5:57 PM

I hadn't dropped in for a while and saw the updates. They look great, but now I am dying for some ice cream!

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2005 at 12:37 PM

Enjoyed my look around cincinnatti, tips are very well constucted and informative Thanks ..will drop by again

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 11:26 AM

Browsing through your Cincinnati information. Might be coming that way soon and I want to pay a visit The Howard Taft Library. Enjoyed it!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 6:05 PM

Enjoyed the updates, especially the ice cream shop! What a great American City. Serpentine Wall is awesome. I LOL about the flying pigs and loved the story of how a pig did fly. Copelands story is so romantic. Genuine, captivating, optimistic.

Stephen-KarenConn Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Cincinnati

Have you been to Cincinnati?