"Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City" Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati by Stephen-KarenConn
Cincinnati Travel Guide: 629 reviews and 1,463 photos
Like Rome, Cincinnati is a city built on seven hills. It is an Ohio River town with a growing metropolitan area of almost two million people, spilling over into Kentucky to the south and Indiana to the west.
When early American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow first viewed the green hills of Cincinnati he dubbed it the "Queen City of the West." In those days Cincinnati was the largest American city in "the West," (now the Midwest) and the metropolis of America's rapidly expanding Northwest Territory. In fact, it was the sixth largest city in America, about four times the size of Chicago. Other cities have now surpassed Cincinnati in size but not in character and charm. A century after Longfellow, Sir Winston Churchill visited Cincinnati and proclaimed it to be "America's most beautiful inland city."
Cincinnati is a city of neighborhoods. This helps to give it a small town feel while having big city ammenities. We live in Sharonville, one of Cincinnati's northern subburbs, and love it here. There is so much to see and do in Cincinnati. These pages will be under construction for quite some time. But come on in; let us begin to share "Our Town" with you. You're in for many delightful surprises.
William Henry Harrison was the 9th President of the United States and the first of eight U.S. presidents who have come... more travel advice
The Taft Museum of Art in downtown Cincinnati has much more to offer than just great works of art. The building itself... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Cincinnati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
- "A Taste Of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati Ohio."
- "Low place like home, Cincinnati, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cincinnati
- Hotels in Cincinnati
- Transportation in Cincinnati
- Nightlife in Cincinnati
- Restaurants in Cincinnati
- Shopping in Cincinnati
- Warnings and Dangers in Cincinnati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cincinnati
- 45 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Cincinnati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cincinnati
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dinner Meeting in Sharonville"
- Commented on one of jjunt0522's Cincinnati travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tomb of America's Ninth President in Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- updated a Cincinnati Travel Page "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
Photos in CincinnatiSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos