"Wolf Point, Roosevelt County, Montana" Wolf Point by Stephen-KarenConn
Wolf Point Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Wolf Point a small town in the Missouri River Valley of Northeast Montana. It is the county seat of Roosevelt County and it's 3000 residents make it the largest city in the county.
In 1842, a traveler in the area noted in his journals the many wolves sighted near old Wolf Point. Several fur trading forts were operated in the area by the American Fur Company. During the 1870's Winter trappers stacked their wolf hides along the river to wait for the spring thaw when the steamboats would chug up the Missouri to transport their cargo to markets in the East. Thus the town became known as "Wolf Point."
Today, the town has grown into a regional shopping center and is known for it's annual "Wild Horse Stampede". The stampede, held during the second weekend of July each year, is Montana's oldest, and some say it/s best, rodeo.
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Wolf Point Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wolf Point
- Hotels in Wolf Point
- Transportation in Wolf Point
- Nightlife in Wolf Point
- Restaurants in Wolf Point
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolf Point
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Wolf Point?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolf Point
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos