"Raleigh, Smith County, Mississippi" Raleigh by Stephen-KarenConn
Raleigh Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
There is beauty in every place. However, Raleigh, Mississippi, a poor little town with declining population of about 1,200, hides its beauty well. I didn't stay long enough to discover much that would enchant a visitor here. The most impressive thing in town is the stately old courthouse which seems to be a relic of a bygone era. The "famous" Harrison Hotel, where Confederate president Jefferson Davis once stayed, is now closed, and many of the towns former businesses on Main Street are boarded up.
Raleigh is the county seat of Smith County. It is the home on The Heritage Festival, and is the former site of The National Tobacco Spitting Contest.
Per capita income here is only 68% of the national average.
- In a nutshell:Poor but Proud!
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Raleigh Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Raleigh
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Raleigh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raleigh
Photos in RaleighSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos