"Liberty, Amite County, Mississippi" Liberty by Stephen-KarenConn
Liberty Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 43 photos
Liberty, in the southwest corner of Mississippi, is the county seat of Amite County, named for the Amite River. The name is derived from the French "amiti", meaning "friendiness." This sleepy little town reported 633 residents at the census of 2,000. It is 59 miles north of Baton Rouge, Louisiana and 23 miles west of McComb, Mississippi.
Karen and I made a stop in Liberty during a road trip through Mississippi in December, 2006. I learned that although Liberty's population is small, the town has many reasons to be proud. A few of Liberty's remarkable claims to fame are listed in my general tip.
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Liberty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Memorial Day"
- "Liberty, Amite County, Mississippi"
- "Basaic Liberty Page"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liberty
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (177)
Have you been to Liberty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liberty
Photos in LibertySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos