"Mora, Kanabec County, Minnesota" Mora by Stephen-KarenConn
Mora Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 32 photos
Mora, a very small town in central Minnesota, established in 1858. It is one of four small towns in Kanabec County, of which Mora serves as the county seat. The total county population of 15,346. The area was first settled largely by Swedish immigrants and named after the town of Mora, Sweden, with which it maintains a relationship as "sister city."
The Kanabec area is especially appealing to outdoors enthusiasts because of the many lakes and rivers. Hunting and hiking are favorite activities in the Rum River State Forest, Snake River State Forest, Mille Lacs Wildlife Management Area and Ann Lake Management Area. There are also several city and state parks in the area.
- In a nutshell:Sister City to Mora, Sweden
There are two murals in downtown Mora, or perhaps five murals if you consider that one of them is a painting in four... more travel advice
When I saw the parking lot at Grandma's Kitchen loaded with pickup trucks at 7:30 a.m. I knew I had found a good spot... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Mora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mora, Kanabec County, Minnesota"
- "Mora, a little town in East Central Minnesota"
- "Mora, US"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mora
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Mora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mora
Photos in MoraSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos