"On Target in Minneapolis, Minnesota" Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis by Stephen-KarenConn

Minneapolis Travel Guide: 933 reviews and 1,636 photos

Minnepolis, the largest city in the state of Minnesota, lies on the west bank of the Mississippi River. On the east side of the river is St. Paul, the state capital. Minneapolis and St. Paul comprise one metropolitan area and are often referred to as the Twin Cities.

Minneapolis is a young city, with the first European settlers coming to the area less than 200 years ago. However, it is an exciting and thriving metropolis with many businesses, attractions and even historic sites which make it a popular destination.

I first visited Minneapolis in March of 1964, when I was a freshman in college and went up to the Twin Cities with a group of friends over spring break. On that trip snow was piled high, temperatures dipped into the single digits - and we nearly froze.

Most recently, Karen and I spent a wonderful weekend in Minneapolis in late April, 2007, when the weather was absolutely glorious with spring bursting out all over. This page is about that trip.

I will be adding another page for our adventures in St. Paul.

• Last visit to Minneapolis: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated May 6, 2008

• Jun 19, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Great info in your page!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 8:09 AM

Thanks for the wonderful virtual tour of Minneapolis, esp Minnehaha Falls and Mall of America

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 4:40 AM

very interesting little page. i enjoyed it.

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Thanks for the information. Will visit this city on my next visit to the US. Btw, which pick up do you drive: Chevy or Ford??

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Great page of Minneapolis. I like your coverage on the history. Too bad the airport there getting a lot wrong news.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 7:32 AM

I love reading your pages...yous really know how to enjoy yourselves and it comes out in your writings. Loved the tips on the Mall of America, Mary Tyler Moore and the parks and waterfalls...actually I liked them all...cheers and take care...

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 4:25 AM

I am so glad I happened upon your site a while ago... I really enjoy your writing and pics. Thanks for yet again another superb page! :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2007 at 7:45 PM

What a super weekend for you and Karen. Beautiful parks; the weather certainly cooperated. Minnehaha Park and all the tips you have about it was fascinating. Still think that you are the BEST.

Badges & Stats in Minneapolis

Have you been to Minneapolis?

Latest Activity in Minneapolis