"Duluth, Minnesota" Top 5 Page for this destination Duluth by Stephen-KarenConn

Duluth Travel Guide: 306 reviews and 463 photos

A City By the Bay

Some have called Duluth "A little San Francisco with ice." It is a city by the bay, on the southwestern tip of Lake Superior - boasting the world's largest, farthest-inland seaport. We found Duluth to have a surprising amount of charm and sophistication for its far northern locale. The beautiful lakes and northwoods which surround Duluth offer an abundance of year-round opportunities for the avid outdoorsperson. It has been rated by Outside magazine as one of America's "Top 10 Outdoor Towns."

Duluth is in Northeastern Minnesota on St. Louis Bay, and across the St. Louis River from Superior, Wisconsin.

• Last visit to Duluth: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2004

• nichole_521's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2005 at 5:00 PM

Enjoyed looking at your Duluth pages. The lake walk is a great boardwalk to take a stroll on. Very good representation of this Northern city.

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 7:00 PM

"A little San Francisco with ice." I love it. Great pages on Duluth. It's one of my favorite cities and Luke is right, You'd love Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. Check out my VT page and see for youself :*)

• lkdahl's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 9:42 AM

Very nice page on Duluth BTW. If you love lighthouses, too bad you didn't see Split Rock lighthouse in Two Harbors. It's about 1 hour north on the North Shore. It's one of the best lighthouses in the country.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 8:08 AM

I would love to visit the Great Lakes, I am a lighthouse fan too! Great history in your Restaurant tip, I wonder what happened to Rosa, probably moved back to Italy lol! Well done (~_~)

• Jehcekah's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 9:14 AM

Hiya! We just spent a weekend in Duluth where my husband ran Grandma's Marathon!! It is such a great place! I really enjoyed your journal!!!

• chris_i79's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 3:46 PM

Duluth is a nice place to visit. Great page.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 3:29 PM

A very interesting and well written look at this gateway to the Wilds beyond. Not many people on the Lakewalk ;-\

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2004 at 7:18 PM

Duluth will always be special to me, because my Becky grew up there. Great shots of the lake--looks like the water was a little rough.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2004 at 4:45 PM

Primo, Stephen and Karen! My favorites on these pages were Waterfront Sculpture park, Aerial Lift Bridge, Tour of ship and tugboat,and super resteraunt and hotel tips. What lovely couple of days for you two.

Badges & Stats in Duluth