"Land of Waterfalls and Pictured Rocks Lakeshore" Top 5 Page for this destination Munising by Stephen-KarenConn

Munising Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 149 photos

• In a nutshell:A Wonderland of Woods and Waterfalls
  • Last visit to Munising: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2004

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 6:05 AM

Wonderful waterfalls, esp. the Laughing Whitefish Falls. The UP is certainly very beautiful. Also thanks Stephen for visiting my Vancouver pages.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 4:01 PM

A fascinating area of the UP. Definitely territory for my folding kayak! Thanks for the tips!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2004 at 7:32 PM

I took the Pictured Rocks Cruise (my first time!) this last week - happily no fog! The guide said that the Grand Island lighthouse light has been recalibrated and is going to be re-installed later this year.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 6:56 PM

Love the lighthouse and all the waterfalls are so wonderful. Nice job and I enjoyed it!

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 1:08 PM

looks like a very pretty place--I like the old lighthouse picture. There's a Picture Rocks, PA but it looks NOTHING like this, I can assure you. It's near Williamsport, if that says anything:-)

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2004 at 2:36 PM

We have only traveled to Picture Rocks with our sailboat, so it was interesting to see the wonderful activities for people to do who are visiting Picture Rocks by land! Especially all those waterfalls.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 5:17 PM

It sounds so familiar ,Munising ,I think we were close by once ,anyways if we ever go up there I am sure we won't miss Munising You made great page guys.Beautiful pic's & info

• Mar 19, 2004 at 2:51 PM

Hey, you two! Great page!! I love the U.P. - I try to go often to go canoeing. Ever been to St. Ignace? I wish I had more pics and info to make a page for it. Beautiful town!! Jen

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2004 at 4:40 PM

These pages are incredible because of the fine photography of such a gorgeous area and the intelligent, helpful, informative narratives.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2004 at 7:42 PM

I visited the U.P. so long ago that I don't remember a lot about it. Hopefully I'll return someday, because it sure is beautiful.

Badges & Stats in Munising

Have you been to Munising?