"Mackinac Island, Michigan" Top 5 Page for this destination Mackinac Island by Stephen-KarenConn

Mackinac Island Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 379 photos

An Island Lost in Time
  • Pros:No Motor Vehicles
  • Cons:Too much Mackinac Island Fudge!
  • In a nutshell:A truly unique destination, unlike anywhere else.
  • Last visit to Mackinac Island: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2004

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM

"Somewhere in Time" is one of my favorite movies & I would love to stay at the Grand Hotel on one of those special weekends---or at any time! Nice page!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 4:05 AM

Grand hotel indeed and grand summer residence. I was just thinking I might look you up when I get to the States but, sadly, I was thinking more west for my first visit.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2005 at 12:08 PM

Admission to see a hotel? I've never heard of such a thing! Nice writeup, some day I will have to make it back to Mackinac!

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 9:28 PM

You have done it again! Taken me back to a special place that is, was and hopefully for long will be "Somewhere in Time". Thanks AGAIN. Ferd

• Easty's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 7:27 PM

I actually stayed at the Grand Hotel when I was 7. I vaguely remember taking horse carriage rides. It is definitely a step back in time.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 6:05 PM

Very much enjoyed this page! Nice photos, and as always, your commentary is interesting and informative. We have considered Macinac Island on several occasions and haven't made it yet - maybe next summer.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 5:13 AM

What an introductory photograph with vivid color, great composition, and magnetism. You've captured the very essence of Mackinac Island.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2004 at 7:02 AM

Someday I'll get to Mackinac Island, I love that there are NO cars! It looks beautiful, thanks for the great tips.

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2004 at 7:24 AM

Will be there on June 30th, 2004 on a Senior"s bus tour. Nice to have a preview. Thanks for sharing.

• miner's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 4:49 PM

Excellent tour !! The Grand Hotel sounds amazing and extraordinarly luxurious. That would certainly be a place to visit.!! Thanks

Badges & Stats in Mackinac Island

Have you been to Mackinac Island?

Latest Activity in Mackinac Island