"Lubec, Maine" Lubec by Stephen-KarenConn
Lubec Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 30 photos
Lubec, Maine is the easternmost town in the continental United States and also is situated on the 45th Parallel, mid-way between the North Pole and Equator. Because of the cold waters of the North Atlantic Ocean, at the mouth of the famed Bay of Fundy, this remote little community is shrouded in fog about 60 days out of the year. On the day or our visit in late August we saw both fog and sun, changing every few minutes as the wind blew.
Lubec was originally a fishing village and fishing is still an important part of the economy. The town also draws many tourists, not only because of it's unique geographical setting, but also because of the outstanding scenery and outdoor recreational opportunities. It is a short hop from New Brunswick, Canada, via the Roosevelt Campobello International Bridge. Lubec is also home to the West Quoddy Light, one of the most photographed lighthouses in New England.
West Quoddy Gifts, a small locally owned and operated gift shop, is the only one we saw in the vicinity of the East... more travel advice
The Lubec Channel Light, erected in 1890, is and is also affectionately known to locals as the "Sparkplug." It's one of... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Lubec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lubec, Maine"
- "Lubec - eastern most town in the US"
- "Lubec Maine"
- "Eastern Maine"
- "noahsdad's new Lubec Page"
- "Lubeck and Lubec in the same year"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubec
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Lubec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubec
Photos in LubecSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos